Pages

April 22, 2010

We love hats!



Hats, hats, and more hats! I love them and so do my girls. Here they are wearing some of my hats as well as some of my favorite Blythe fashion designers: Blythely Jean, Drop Dead Cute, Blythe 525, Simply Kir, Tiny Haus, EuroTrash, and Tibiloo!

I'm especially fond of girls who look nice in hats. Maybe it's because I'm not much of a hat person myself - I love hats, but I just don't think I look very good in them. Since my Blythe girls look great in hats, I try to put hats on them whenever I can!


Olive, the latest girl to join the family, is modeling a new hat I just finished. I didn't use a pattern, just sort of eyeballed the size and went from there. Just make sure you are making it in multiples of whatever stitch you are doing, then make a swatch and guess from there, roughly around 11" circumference. Then decrease when you've got a good height.

I'm proud of myself for learning the basics of crochet because I crocheted the little flower! I've always been more of a knitter than crocheter and wish I could crochet. I was so happy when I found the pattern for the little flower online at Ravelry. It was easy to follow, and all I had to do was look up all the acronyms in my trusty Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting book!

I would like to try amigurumi sometime, but all the patterns I've seen look so complicated and overwhelming. In the mean time I'll just keep practicing making little flowers! More hats are being made and will be available on my Etsy shop sometime soon. I will be announcing them on Twitter and Facebook when they're ready!

No comments: